Go Back   Cheating Husbands Forum > Cheating Husband Discussion

Old 07-12-2009, 10:37 PM

Default If you had to be separated from your husband for 6 months, and he cheated, would you forgive him?

Here's the scenario - you love your husband very much and you KNOW he loves you too. You know he would never leave you.

You have to be apart for 6 months, and you find out when you get back that he's been cheating with one girl, a friend of friends. He didn't take her out or have her over to his home or anything else that would replace your role in his life, he even went to great lengths to hide it from your friends. All he did was visit her for 2am booty calls.

It's definitely hurtful and it's not right. But if it all stops when you get back to town and it's obvious how much he loves you and wants YOU to be his partner and the mother of his children, would you forgive him for the infidelity?

It doesn't make it right, or even ok. But is it forgivable?
We're not separated, we're still very much married and talk every day and are supposed to be committed. But I had to move away for 6 months to take an internship and he couldn't come with me. People in the academic world face this sometimes.
EVERYONE - Thank you for the answers, but it was NOT A SEPARATION. We just had to live apart for 6 months. He's in Missouri and I'm in California. I hated it and I can't wait to get back to him. We were never contemplating divorce.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 AM

Default If you had to be separated from your husband for 6 months, and he cheated, would you forgive him?

If you are separated, it is not cheating. Who are you? Ross and Rachel?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Depends on WHY you were away for 6 months. If you were in jail forgive, if you were in service overseas, not forgive. PS he will most likely cheat again.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 AM

If he loved you then he wouldn't screw another girl.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM

I disagree. I think that there is a difference between SEPARATION and DIVORCE.
This is a sign. It shows that he is NOT a strong person. It is up to you. Are you willing to forgive him and go to counselling, or do you think that he will definetly do this again?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM

Cheating is cheating no matter what time of day or night; the point is this; he will not stop, he will continue, and you need to decide if you want to stay with a cheater or divorce him and find someone who will be decent and honest.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM

IT depends if I knew her or if she was hotter than me.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM

I'm going to assume that by separated you had to go away for work. Sounds a bit like it would be if someone was on a military tour. No, No, No, it's not forgivable. After that you have to KNOW that he doesn't love you.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:42 AM

I old afshioned, but don't believe in sex outside marrge. Why were you separted. If you were still married that is CHEaTING.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:35 PM

I think it wouldn't bother me that much. I lived in France for three months while married. I didn't ask too many questions when I got back. It was really hard to be separated that long, and I wouldn't do it again.

EDIT: I disagree that infidelity means the other person doesn't love you. I think fidelity and sexuality are complicated and not necessarily connected to love. I know that virtually no one agrees with me, but that's how it is for me.